Tuesday, January 24, 2012

my oh my

It's Tuesday morning and I'm sitting on the couch looking out the window of the 22nd floor condo we're currently living in. It looks right out onto the city and the Saskatchewan river. It's quite pretty but it's not home. Just over a week ago the main floor of our home flooded as a result of a mishap under the kitchen sink. So now our home, floor less, without cabinets or furniture or the sound of my little family sits empty as it waits to be fixed. I'm 100% a home body and then add being pregnant into that equation and you get someone who isn't adjusting well, and as it turns out I'm pretty sure that although the chubster is social like his dad he's a home body too so he is not adjusting well either. It's been a really hard week and a half and I'm wondering how I'm going to last for, potentially, another month and a half sigh. I'm trying really hard to count my blessings and remain optimistic but it has been and continues to be a struggle.

1 comment:

Mandi Bartel said...

what?!?! this is terrible! I'm so out of the loop. Oh Dom my hermit heart aches for you. However, I know that you will make this mess into something pretty. You are one of the strongest and steadfast people I know. I'll be praying hard for a quick completion of this surprise renovation. love love love mandi