Friday, October 7, 2011

And Breath.....hold that thought

Fall is here and thanks to the wind most of the beautifully colored evidence has blown away. The GREAT NEWS is that we managed to just sneak in before the leaves were forced to vacate their cozy tree branches and we spent a beautiful fall morning with out favorite photographer Heather Fritz having family pictures done. Now I am eagerly awaiting the the email telling me they are ready.

I always love the coming of fall, it is by far my favorite season, even though some years it's longer then others. The warmth of golden yellow, burnt orange , and crisp apple red adorning the front doors of homes in the form of a festive wreath, the comfort of those body warming meals that re-surface in your menu planning and the smell of the air, I think that is my favorite. I also love bringing out the comfy cozy sweaters that go so well with your favorite pair of jeans. Yup, the best season by far. Oh and of course we can't forget Thanksgiving mmmmm Turkey time.


Since I married my stud muffin of a husband 4 years ago there is one element of fall that I keep telling myself I love until I remembered that I am not being truthful with myself. I always look forward to fall because that is when life starts to slow down. NOPE, that is a big fat LIE that I have been telling myself every single year and then fall comes and it gets busier. Where the heck did I come up with this ridiculous notion. My Hubster is a carpenter who works in the area of concrete. We live in a province where it is cold for a pretty solid 5 months, and we're not talking just a little cold. SOOOO being that fall is the predecessor to winter life gets really crazy because everyone wants to get there concrete work done yesterday not tomorrow and so starts my favorite season minus my favorite man and that part of fall really sucks


The hubster bought me a Nikon D3100 for our anniversary, completely surprising me and I have loved every minute of it. HOWEVER I really did want to learn how to use this fancy camera so that I could take the best pictures possible of those special day to day moments. So when the opportunity was graciously given to me (by Heather Fritz my favorite photographer) to join her SLR class that she teaches I jumped on it like my hound dog on a poppy diaper ( a gross story that I will not share YUCK). So on these beautiful fall days that are void of my Mr. Hubbalicious I have been practicing and practicing take pictures on the manual setting of my camera and although I'm no professional I can honestly say I will never use automatic again. And then maybe when winter shows it's snowy face we (me and the hubster) will return to breathing, relax and I will then attempt him how to use this fancy piece of equipment. In the mean time here are a few pictures I've taken on the manual setting of my camera


The Chubster




The Chubster's buddy Tyler





The Chubster swinging





2 comments:

Josie said...

LOVE your pictures!!

philippians4:4 said...

those are great Dom, good work! Happy TG Day!