Monday, August 15, 2011

My favorite things of the summer



I know it's been awhile, but my excuse is a good one.....SUMMER, it's been so nice here that I've been trying to soak in as much as possible which means all spare time has been spent doing yard work, going for walks, going swimming etc. The thing is when you live somewhere like Saskatchewan, a place where you never know how long the winter is going to be when you get an amazing summer like this it absolutly crucial that you don't let it pass you by....so I'm not. I do however know it's been a long time so I thought I would come back and share some of my favorite things of the summer.





Rider Pride ice cream, yup this province is CRAZY about they're football team. Doesn't matter how great or how crappy (like this year) they're doing this province loves to cheer them on. Decked out in green the fans are loyal. So we know have this yummy ice cream, mint mixed with cookies crumble. What could be better then that

The Black and Decker mouse sander, a good friend of my grandmas and now a good friend of mine. If you do a lot of furniture refinishing this is the baby you need to get. Pretty sure it changed my life a little bit. $39 at home depot




Cookies and cream shake oreos, I'm not going to lie I have a weekness for the special edition oreos. I also love the mint ones when they come out :) they're especially good frozen






I found this at The Jammery while I was in Kelowna in July and it is AWESOME. The Healthy dressing bottle. I like to make my own dressing and this is really cool because the recipes are right on the bottle. $9.99 at the Jammery (try the all you can eat waffles with fresh fruit preserves while you're there)







Luminarc glass bowls with lids. 13 bowls, 8 lids, $14 at Costco. Need I say more





Bahama Blue spray paint by rustomleum, and of course my lovely freshly painted flower pots. I was worried the color might be too vibrant but it's not and I love them





Fresh market apple anti bacterial foam soap from Bath and Body works. You seriously want to eat this soap when you smell it. I bought 3 bottles I love it so much




O.k. anybody you ( A) has hard surface floors (B) has a drooling baby or kids in general or (c) a doggy needs to own this. Vileda spray mop. It come with a bottle attachment that you put your own solution in. 2 tsp of cleaning product of you choice and then water. You snap the bottle in and you're ready to spray and mop. And then when you need to clean the pad you just pull it off and throw it in the was. It's really quite brilliant and the best part is you don't have to buy anything else in order to use it. $24 at walmart, but I've seen it go on sale for less



Well that's the end of my favorite things for the summer, I'll try not to wait so long before I blog again BUT who knows how long until winter comes so no promises. I also has a very special little boy turning 1 in a month so I'm also working to plan that specail day, but I will be back :)


Dominique