Thursday, March 24, 2011

Going a bit crazy

It feels like this winter is lasting forever, it really has't been that long when I consider that it really didn't start feeling like winter here until the end of December, however it has been cold....REALLY COLD since then. I'm totally feeling like a prisioner in my own house, which is not a great way to feel, but really when you spend too much time in one place with no change of scenery and what feels like no fresh air it's like not getting enough oxygen to your brain and you stop functioning. Atleast I do. I always knew that this would most likely happen once baby came along and sure enough it has. The problem is that it's really hard to motivate yourself to lug your beloved child around when it's -20, -30 and especially -40. You have to bundle them all up and then once you get where you're going you have to unbundle them only to re-bundle them all over again. It's a lot a work, and if I'm honest my little guy is not all that torerable of the process once let alone 2 or 3 times. Oh and he hates being in his car seat, always has and doesn't seem to want to grow out of the hatred either, so if you can imagine adding to the lack of motivation a baby who hates being bundled and hates being in his car seat, it pretty much can just be an all around unpleasent time. So what do we do when it's cold...we stay inside...and pout. So I'm going crazy, and quite frankly I'm getting a bit crabby, o.k. a lot crabby. I just want to go outside for a nice walk or atleast take a nice deep breath outside without my nostril icing over. I commented to my friend on the phone today wondering what people that live in places that are cold all the time do, she kindly pointed out that we are those people, so I guess the answer would be GO CRAZY, stupid ground hog, I thought you said spring was coming early

2 comments:

Heidi-and-Seek said...

I'm right there with you, I'm SO SICK of the cold!! I wanna drive my bike to work!!! Grrrrrr

philippians4:4 said...

I'm sorry it is so cold there! I go crazy after merely a day inside. Hang in there my friend, soon enough.
xoxo