Saturday, April 16, 2011

Commitment issues, the first step is admitting it

So one of thing that I'm passionate about is decorating, however when it comes to certain areas I have serious commitment issues. The first commitment issue is in the placement of wall decorations/art/pictures. I Hate redoing things. I am not a trial and error person, it's not how I learn and it's not how I decorate. I observe, watch, take notes and then when I think I've got it I proceed, obviously if I fail I will try again BUT I do not practice trial an error as a means of figuring things out. This is poseing a problem as I have accumulating pictures and pieces of art leaning against walls and piling up in corners and it's time to start putting them in places instead of letting them collect dust. I hate hanging things on the walls because if I don't like where I've placed it then I have to patch the holes, repaint over the hole and then hang it again in hopes that I like it. The second commitment issue is color scheme. My problem here is that I LOVE color so commiting to one color scheme gives me a bit of anxiety. What if I chose a color scheme, go with it and then don't like it, then I have to do it again, which as I mentioned in commitment issue #1, I don't like to redo. I mean if it's a couple years later and I'm ready for a change then that's fine, then I'll redo it but, right away, no way, I have other projects I want to do so I want to love it the first time so I can smile when I walk buy and not feel stressed out about hating someing and then feeling like I HAVE TO fix it right away. anyways, why am I sharing this, good question, who knows. O.k. the reason I'm telling you this is because I have to tackle both of these issues sooner of later if I A. ever what my kitchen/dinning room to be done and B. so that my guest room looks like a guest room instead of a storage unit. So I'm going to tackle these to areas in the next couple weeks and hope for the best.

No comments: