Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sunday Afternoon

It's Sunday afternoon and a perfect one at that. The hubster and the chubster are having a nice little afternoon nap and the house is silent so I thought I'd plop myself down on the couch currently residing in our dining room and blog. Once again it's been awhile, obviously I should have added "blog more" to my list of New Years resolutions, I guess I technically still can . Speaking of New years resolutions, I feel like I'm doing pretty well, however I not going to do an update on those until the end of February.....assuming I remember that I want to give an update come the end of February.
So life has been pretty average around here, at least I think it's been pretty average, there are good days, bad days, easy day, hard days, fun days and boring days so I think I would consider that pretty average. Although there are days where I could easily pull all my hair out I am constantly amazed by our little bundle and the amount of joy he brings me. It seems like he's growing so fast and learning so much. I told my husband the other day that I'm actually kind of amazed how much I love watching him learn, you can almost see them process things and then comes the light bulb. Giggling has also become a more frequent sound, and one of my favorites, along with one noise that we call the Pterodactyl. Teething has been going on since Christmas but we're yet to see one pop through, his mouth was kind enough to give him a really nice 2 day break from discomfort this week which was amazing, almost all drool stopped and I don't think there was even one minute in the day when he wasn't as happy as could be.
Joel entered a snowball competition that went on a few weeks ago and his team won so they have been practicing to go to Edmonton for the BIG competition. I still find it funny that Canada has started up with this snow battle sport that oddly enough originated in Japan but maybe I should be more surprised that in a place that has so much snow and were winter lasts so long that they didn't make it a sport sooner. Anyways, as funny as it I'm proud of him and his team for dominating :)
As usual I have a million projects on the go, however given my track record for updating you on the progress or completion of those projects I have decided that I need to just blog about the process and the completion of those projects in one blog. So those blogs to come....and since I'm adding "Blog more" to my list of New Years Resolutions I'll say that those blogs are to come, I'll even try for some this week.
well there's the update, I think I'll go and take Honey the hound for a walk in this beautiful weather. He's is another cute picture of my precious cubster to leave you with :)

This is the stocking Grandma Rose gave him for Christmas, it fit perfectly ;)


2 comments:

Renee said...

i'm glad you're going to blog more because i like you blog;) p.s. i think the snow ball fight competition is awesome, you should video tape so we can watch too!

philippians4:4 said...

that is an awesome picture. <3